Saturday, February 21, 2009

Building Targeted Traffic Through Co-Gen Lists

Anyone of you who has followed me for a while knows that I am a list builder. I preach this to anyone who will listen...Your best source of truly targeted traffic is from your own personal mailing list.

What do you do if you have no list?

If you don't have a mailing list start building one NOW!

Using your free traffic sources; click exchanges, safelists, text ad exchanges, co-gen list sites...advertise your squeeze page and get sign-ups to your list. If you're not building your list, your business will never be successful.

A word about co-gen lists.

Co-gen list sites are those where you share a mailing list with other members. You're not only able to e-mail your personal referrals, but all or a portion of the other members referrals.

The number of people in your e-mail list may be determined by several factors. Some sites offer a daily reshuffle of the downlines to determine how many people you have the opportunity to mail. Others require you to read other ads and get points to mail other members.

The newest co-gen site is Super List Explode. This site ads all members that have signed up that day to your personal list if you have referred at least one person that day or read the required number of emails (5 at this writing) and clicked the credit link.

The site just launched on February 15th and I have over 4000 people in my list in only five days! Remember the old rule..."The more crap you throw at the wall, the more that will stick". With the rate of sign-ups at this site, I am getting a ton of crap (members of my downline) to throw against the wall (my squeeze page).

Once these people are in my personal e-mail list, then I will send them offers related to the free gift that I provided them for signing up to my list. They must be interested in that type of product or they wouldn't have signed up to begin with, right? So now I am building a targeted list to mail offers to.

Targeted traffic converts better than random traffic. I can send 100,000 people to my website, but if they are not targeted; I am not going to get many sign-ups or sales (probably around 100). If I send to a targeted list of 10,000 I should get around 120 sign-ups or sales (The internet marketing average is 1.2% conversion rate on targeted traffic).

If my website is especially appealing I should get a much higher return.

Using co-gen sites are a great way to build your list. Then use that targeted list to make your sales from.

There are other ways such as SEO and PPC (Adwords, etc..) to get targeted traffic and I'll touch on those in future posts. But for now...BUILD YOUR LIST!


0 comments:

Post a Comment